Objectives And Scope
The increased use of electronic applications has exponentially increased the volume of data at Weill Cornell Medical College (WCMC). This data must be transformed to usable and relevant information that the WCMC community can rely on to make critical decisions that affect their respective group's daily operation, performance, and efficiency.
The Physician Organization Information Services (POIS) Data Warehousing and Reporting group, using Business Intelligence and expertise in technical reporting principles, is committed to assisting the WCMC community in the development and support of reporting needs. Generated reports are consolidated from a variety of clinical, billing, and administrative sources, such as EpicCare and GE Centricity Business (GE CB), to provide data relationships that were previously unavailable. These reports provide departments or groups a comprehensive view of their data and enable better decision making,
Designed to handle all reporting request within 3 business days.
The server is expected to be available outside a two-hour bi-weekly maintenance window. Often, maintenance does not affect availability, but if it might, there will be advance notice.
ITS cannot guarantee service levels when faced with circumstances beyond our control. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Natural or man-made disasters
- Electrical or network outages or disruptions
- Equipment failure unrelated to abuse or neglect
- Attacks on the WCMC network
What Is Included
- Business Intelligence, derived from business intelligence tools, enhances a customer's understanding of their data (i.e. research data or practice information) to allow for better decision making
- Assess reporting needs to recommend and develop reports in the appropriate format (i.e. Excel, PDF, SQL, and Cognos) based on user's data specifications
- Provide enhancements to existing reports to serve department's or group's changing needs such as change in metrics or how the reports are used
- Training service and support, specifically for Cognos Analysis Studio and Cognos Connection
- Access to self-service analytical cubes, which are a packaged collection of data developed with a range of data parameters that have been efficiently designed for fast data analysis
- Support from 7AM-7PM Monday thru Friday, with on-call support for system interruptions during after-hours
The system is expected to response with reports within 3 hours of run initiation. The availability for the user depends on the business process.
Price varies on size and complexity. For more information please visit the EpicCare website.