Objectives And Scope
File Transfer Service provides WCMC faculty, staff and students a secure and convenient web-based solution for transferring large files that exceed the email attachment limits to recipients within the institution. It also replaces the need for complicated FTP transfers or overnight couriers to people outside the institution.
File Transfer Service includes ability to send up to 2GB files.
File Transfer Service is expected to be available outside a two-hour weekly maintenance window. Often, maintenance does not affect availability, but if it might, there will be advance notice.
ITS cannot guarantee service levels when faced with circumstances beyond our control. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Natural or man-made disasters
- Electrical or network outages or disruptions
- Equipment failure unrelated to abuse or neglect
- Attacks on the WCMC network
What Is Included
- Send up to a 2GB file securely
- Send to internal or external users, even if they have never used the service
- Files are available for 45 days
- Return receipts and finger printing are available
- Support from 7AM-7PM Monday thru Friday, with best effort support for system interruptions during after-hours.
The average file transfer rate is 20mb per second.
- Provided at no additional charge.