Objectives And Scope
GE Centricity Business (CB) is a practice management system distributed by General Electric and used by Weill Cornell Medical College Physician Organization practices and NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital clinics. Centricity Business is the leading system of its kind among academic medical centers and Weill Cornell was one of the earliest major customers. GE CB is composed of a suite of modules that work with each other and have interfaces to other college and hospital systems.
The system is designed to handle a minimum of 20 encounters per clinician per day.
The server is expected to be available outside a three-hour bi-weekly maintenance window. Often, maintenance does not affect availability, but if it might, there will be advanced notice.
ITS cannot guarantee service levels when faced with circumstances beyond our control. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Natural or man-made disasters
- Electrical or network outages or disruptions
- Equipment failure unrelated to abuse or neglect
- Attacks on the WCMC network
What Is Included
- GE CB Web is a web based application used by WCMC PO physician practices and NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital clinics to register patients, schedule appointments, present graphical representations of providers schedules and manage the arrival, check-in and check-out of those appointments at the front desk. GE CB Web serves as the scheduling front end to the EPIC electronic medical record system.
A feature of GE CB Web is Rules Based Scheduling. It provides pop-up alerts and warnings about special considerations to be taken when scheduling certain procedures, practices or patients
- Billing and Accounts Receivable (BAR) is the financial heart of the GE CB application suite. When services are rendered to patients, the charges for those services are entered into the BAR module. Most of those charges arrive through an interface with a clinical system such as EpicCare, in which the chart notes for those services are recorded.
- DBMS reporting tools are available which allow departments to perform dynamic reporting and analysis to accurately assess the practice's business and determine where improvements can be made.
- Patient Protocol Manager (PPM) is the new module used by some of the WCMC researchers for the management of Clinical Trials and Clinical Research.
- GE CB / Oracle Calendar Interface allows for provider schedules to synchronize with Calendar accounts and with most PDAs. For more information, please visit our Enterprise Calendar and PDAs services.
- Support from 7AM-7PM Monday thru Friday, with on-call support for system interruptions during after-hours
The system is design to handle a minimum of 20 encounters per clinician per day.
Price varies on size and complexity.