Please note this SLA refers to a previous version of the service.
Objectives And Scope
Information Technologies & Services (ITS) builds and maintains web sites for Weill Cornell Medical College in collaboration with the Weill Cornell Physician Organization, RASP, Academic Affairs, and various other departments, divisions, and programs. The ITS Design Services team works closely with clients to create a cutting-edge, comprehensive web presence for WCMC departments or divisions.
Web sites can be custom-created to departmental specifications. Sample websites are:
- Weill Cornell Imaging at NewYork-Presbyterian
- Weill Cornell Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Weill Cornell Medical Associates
- Research & Sponsored Programs
- Judith Jaffe Multiple Sclerosis Center
- Human Resources Intranet
The web server is expected to be available outside a two-hour weekly maintenance window.
ITS cannot guarantee service levels when faced with circumstances beyond our control. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Natural or man-made disasters
- Electrical or network outages or disruptions
- Equipment failure unrelated to abuse or neglect
- Attacks on the WCMC network
What Is Included
Web sites can be custom-created to departmental specifications and may include features such as:
- Photography and slide shows
- Video production and post production
- Medical illustration and animation
- Interactive tools
- Integration of licensed content libraries (e.g. Health Library)
- External search engine optimization
- Content development
- Custom domain name and hosting
- Integration and management of social media content (Twitter, YouTube, etc.)
- Support from 7AM-7PM Monday thru Friday, with best effort support for system interruptions during after-hours
Web pages are expected to load on a web browser within 20 seconds of selecting a link.
The costs for designing and developing web sites are determined on a per project basis, based on a rate of $95 per hour.
Costs for maintaining an existing web site are also charged at $95 per hour. Site maintenance may include:
- Web content updates and additions
- Design or architectural changes
- Posting of links, PDF and Word files