Zoom is a new WCM solution for holding online meetings with up to 100 of your colleagues.
- To host a meeting, schedule a meeting, or schedule a meeting on somone's behalf:
- Go to weillcornell.zoom.us and Sign In with your CWID and Password to create your account.
- Download the Zoom Client for Meetings and the Zoom Plug-in for Outlook from Software Center (Windows) or Self-Service (Mac)
- To join a meeting you do not need an account. Just click the link supplied by your host in your meeting invite, and follow the Zoom download prompts
- Share your desktop in real time and let others do the same
- Use Zoom on Windows or Mac and with all popular browsers
- Download the Zoom app on your iPhone or iPad, Android device to join meetings on the go
Meetings vs. Webinars
A meeting is a Zoom event where one person hosts and all other attendees can participate. The host can share hosting responsibilities with other participants. Any participant can share their screen. Standard meetings can have up to 100 participants.
A webinar is a more controlled environment. While there is no minimum size for a webinar, many more people can attend (up to 500 under special circumstances). You can designate up to 25 video presenters. The rest of the participants can join in live polling, Q&A, etc.
Larger Meeting and Webinar Licenses
If you need to host a meeting, the first time you log into the Zoom website, all faculty, staff, students, and affiliates will be provisioned with licenses that allow them to conduct meetings with up to 100 participants. Video is available. Audio is limited to "join by computer" and calling a toll (long-distance) number.
- Larger Meeting - allows you to host a meeting with up to 300 participants.
- Webinar100 - allows you to host a webinar with up to 100 attendees.
- Webinar500 - allows you to host a webinar with up to 500 attendess.
Requests for Webinar100 and Webinar500 Licenses upgrades will be granted for individual events; once the event has ended, your license will return to its previous state.
License upgrades for Larger Meeting will persist after the event. We will conduct an annual review of usage. If you have continued to use the expanded capability, you will retain the upgrade. If you have not used the expanded capability, your license will return to its previous state.
To request a Larger meeting, Webinar100, or Webinar500 please go here and click Create and Incident.
- A Zoom account allows you to host meetings with up to 100 participants.
- Video is available
- Audio is limited to "join by computer" and calling a toll (long-distance) number
Cost and Fees
- Participate in or host a meeting at no additional cost
- If you would like to host a meeting you need a Zoom account
- All faculty and staff are eligible to create a Zoom account
- You will also need a computer or wireless device with an Internet connection, an audio connect, and a webcam (optional)
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What if I need to host a meeting for more than 100 people?
A: If you need to host a larger meeting with up to 300 participants, visit myHelpdesk and Create an Incident. Be sure to include your business reason.
Q: When should I use Skype versus Zoom for meetings?
A: If you need to hold a meeting with less than 20, or make a quick call, you can use Skype. If you need to host a meeting for more than 20 people, you should use Zoom.