The Weill Research Gateway (WRG) is an online portal for research administrative tools used by faculty and staff at the institution. Currently in its initial stages, WRG will soon host a number of applications to support research, such as eIRB and Electronic Routing Form (ERF).
The following applications are currently available in WRG:
- Conflicts of Interest survey: Survey to report any financial relationships you may have that pertain to your institutional responsibilities at Weill Cornell Medicine. Potential conflicts may be detected between people and sponsors, sponsors and projects, projects and funding applications, etc.
Potential conflicts are reported in three ways:
- Annual Conflicts Survey: All employees of WCM must complete the Conflicts Survey. You are required to update your Conflicts Survey any time you develop a financial relationship related to your institutional responsibilities at WCM that may present, or appear to present, a conflict of interest. Any new relationships must be reported through the Conflicts Survey within 30 days of acquiring them. If you have no relationships to report, you must still certify once a year.
- Travel Disclosures: Travel disclosures should be submitted by PHS-funded investigators who receive travel support that is not sponsored by Weill Cornell Medicine.
- Study Specific Reports (SSR): SSRs are used for capturing information on one’s external relationships in the context of a project and should be submitted at the time of grant proposal, IRB application and prior to release of an award.
Cost and Fees
Access to WRG is available to all WCM faculty and staff at no additional charge.
- You must be a Weill Cornell Medicine faculty member or employee to access WRG with a valid CWID and password.
- It is recommended that you use Firefox, Chrome, or Safari to access WRG. Users on Internet Explorer may experience some issues when on the site.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How do I update my email preferences in WRG?
A: To update your email preferences:
- Click My Profile from left navigation pane.
- Click Edit.
- Click Portal Preferences.
- Under the Profile Preferences, choose Yes or No for the "I would like to receive an email when something is assigned to me" question.
Q: What if my entity is not listed in WRG?
A: If the entity you are trying to select is not in the dropdown list, email Sponsor-Creation@med.cornell.edu with the subject "COI Entity Request" They will add the sponsor on the backend and notify you when you can go back in to select that entity.
Q: What do I do if I'm having trouble finishing my transaction in WRG?
A: In many cases, the Completed checkbox must be checked before clicking Submit. If this doesn’t work, there may be required fields that are not filled out. Review the form your submitting and check for any errors or missed fields.
If you continue to experience issues, contact the Service Desk.