Weill Cornell Medical College's wireless network service provides laptop and mobile users with fast and secure access to email and web-based services. It is available in most campus buildings, listed as "WCMC" and "eduroam." A guest network is also available to visitors on campus who do not have access to eduroam wireless.
- WCMC provides secure access to all institutional resources.
- eduroam provides authenticated wireless access to visitors of Weill Cornell who come from an eduroam partner institution. eduroam allows visitors to access wireless with their own home institution email and password. This network provides unrestricted Internet access for email and VPN client use. Visit the eduroam website for a complete list of eduroam-enabled institutions from around the globe.
- WCMCGuest provides non-secure access to web pages for guests of WCMC faculty, students and staff. This network does not provide access to any WCMC system or application. Protocols other than HTTP or HTTPS may not be used over this network.
- WCMC Event Wireless provides event coordinators and attendees a wireless network to connect to securely and quickly. A special code is generated for each event so that event attendees have a dedicated wireless connection. This wireless network does not provide access to internal WCMC systems for security reasons. You can, however, use email clients, such as Outlook or Apple Mail, to access WCMC or external email.
Cost and Fees
WCMC wireless access
- Requires ITS-tagged device, which incurs an annual fee for support and a one-time connection fee
eduroam and WCMCGuest wireless access
- Available at no additional charge
Wireless access point charges
- Available at no additional cost
Setup fee for additional wireless access points
- Available at no additional charge, although there may be a fee for cabling work if necessary
To gain access to the WCMC wireless network, you must have a tagged device. Contact the Service Desk or visit the SMARTDesk in the library for assistance.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is eduroam?
A: eduroam (education roaming) is an authenticated wireless network which allows users from participating institutions to access the Internet from any eduroam-enabled institution.
Q: Who can use eduroam?
A: While on the WCMC campus:
At this time, if you work for or attend Weill Cornell, you will not need to use the eduroam wireless network while on campus. You should be using the WMC Secure wireless network to have seamless access to all WCMC resources.
If you are a WCMC visitor, you can log into eduroam provided you are part of a partner institution.
While off campus:
If you work for or attend Weill Cornell and are visiting a partner institution that uses eduroam, you can use your WCMC credentials to log into their eduroam wireless network.