Skype for Business - formerly known as Microsoft Lync - is used for communicating with your colleagues at WCM. Skype allows you to communicate with fellow employees via chat sessions. When on Wi-Fi, you can send messages, make calls, and share documents through your mobile device without using your cellular phone data.
In addition to a desktop client for both Windows and Mac, iOS and Android users can download the Skype for Business mobile app for their respective mobile devices. This allows you to access your Skype account on the go and perform many of the same functions on your desktop client.
- Chat with multiple users simultaneously
- Video conference with up to 20 people*
- Add a conference bridge to any meeting in Outlook for up to 20 people with one click
- Share your desktop
*Skype conferences have a capacity of 20 sessions, meaning if a user is participating in a conference via web and their phone, he/she is using two different sessions simultaneously.
With the Skype desktop client, you can:
- Chat with one or several colleagues via instant messaging
- Host or join virtual meetings
- Share your desktop with another user
- Update your status so other users can see if you are available
- Save conversations for future reference
With the Skype mobile app, you can:
- Chat with a colleague via instant messaging
- Make video calls
Cost and Fees
Chat, screen sharing, online meetings
- Available at no additional cost to WCM faculty, staff, and students