Our two SMARTDesk locations offer convenient walk-in IT service for employees and students at Weill Cornell. While you can come to the SMARTDesk for virtually any IT-related issue, the most common reasons to visit are:
- Tagging and setting up your mobile device to access Weill Cornell services while you wait (appointment recommended)
- Resolving issues with your laptop or mobile device
- WCM account help, such as password or login issues
- Learning how to use ITS-provided software
For most things, appointments are not necessary; please feel free to stop by the SMARTDesk near the main library entrance or the third floor reception area of 575 Lexington.
Please submit a request prior to your SMARTDesk visit. If you are an employee and need to tag your laptop or tablet, your Department Administrator will need to submit a request that includes a fund number:
- Visit myHelpdesk and select Request Something, then select Smartphone Connection Request Form or Computer Connection Request. Fill out the form and submit.
- You’ll receive two emails: a confirmation message for the request and another with a link that will take you to a booking page where you can schedule the time and date of your SMARTDesk appointment. If you are off-campus, you can request a technician visit.