ITS offers Adobe Acrobat Professional XI Windows and Mac software for all faculty, staff, and students. The software is provided at no additional cost to the WCMC community. Adobe Acrobat Professional XI allows you to create, edit, export PDF documents, complete and save forms.
ITS has worked in collaboration with the Office of Sponsored Research Administration (OSRA) to ensure this version of Adobe Acrobat Professional XI has been tested for the submission of grant-related documents through grants.gov.
Adobe Acrobat Professional allows you to:
- Edit PDFs with text or images, even if it is not the original document
- Fill out and save PDF forms including Grants.gov documents
- Convert PDF files into editable Microsoft Office documents, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Create PDF and web forms by using the provided professional templates, build your own from scratch or convert existing templates into usable PDFs
- Merge several PDFs into one file or convert them into a single portfolio
- Protect PDFs with passwords and permissions
- See more on the Adobe website
Weill Cornell's Adobe Acrobat Professional enterprise license covers faculty, staff, and students with an ITS-tagged computer.
How do I get access to Adobe Acrobat Professional?
This license is preferable to Creative Cloud if you only need to create and manage PDFs. Additionally, it is the tested tool for grants.gov submissions (please do not use the Creative Cloud version of Acrobat for this as it is not compatible). If you have an ITS-tagged device, you can download this application via Software Center (Windows) or the Self Service application installed on your Mac.
For a personal license to use on your home computer, visit our OnTheHub page for a discounted copy.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: I have an older version of Acrobat Professional already installed on my computer, What will happen?
A: Once Acrobat Professional XI is installed, older versions will be replaced.
Q: I also have Adobe Reader on my computer. What will happen?
A: Once Acrobat Professional XI is installed, Reader will remain installed but Pro 11 will automatically become the preferred or "default" application used to open PDF documents. ITS recommends using Acrobat Pro XI going forward instead of Reader. If you would prefer to have Adobe Reader removed once Pro XI is installed, please contact the Service Desk or visit the SMARTDesk for assistance.