SharePoint is a Microsoft application that makes it easier to share and organize information with your colleagues in one place. SharePoint services can be customized on any level for your department needs to allow you to collaborate on files and content within your department or division. With this service, you no longer need to worry about duplication of files or files getting lost or deleted. SharePoint offers you a document management central location, ability to manage access easily and automatic backups and versioning.
- Upload/drag & drop supported electronic documents (e.g., PDFs and Office documents) into SharePoint
- Maintain document version history and easily restore to the previous version
- Quick and easy document retrieval using SharePoint enterprise search
- Access documents on file server inside SharePoint and apply version history, metadata, and search on the documents from file server
- Apply specific institutional and departmental policies on documents to automate retention, and auditing
- OneDrive available easily store and share personal documents
- Create metadata taxonomies and site templates so that departmental SharePoint sites conform to standards, while providing limited customization to meet users special needs
- SharePoint Site Collection Hosting
- 5GB storage
- 2GB OneDrive for Business storage
- 2 hours site design
- Unlimited Tier 1 support
- 5 hours Tier 2 phone/remote support with a SharePoint developer
- Web training
- Daily data backups
- Site Administrator training and certification
Definitions of Tier Support
• Tier 1 – Provided by the ITS Service Desk. Available during normal business hours. For any permission or site content requests, please contact your Site Administrator(s) first. The Service Desk may escalate issues to ITS SharePoint support leads for Tier 2 support.
• Tier 2 – Provided by ITS Support SharePoint Leads.
• Tier 3 – Provided by ITS SharePoint team for issues escalated from ITS SharePoint Support Leads.
Cost and Fees
Basic SharePoint Hosting - $1,500 per year
Includes 5GB of storage, 2GB of OneDrive for Business Storage, 2 hours of site design, 5 hours Tier 2 phone/remote support, web training, daily data backups
Advanced Customization - $120 per hour
Includes customization greater than what is offered in basic service
SharePoint requests can be made by contacting the Service Desk. Once your request has been received, a SharePoint developer will reach out to determine your business needs for your site.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is SharePoint HIPAA compliant?
Can I share my SharePoint documents with people outside of Weill Cornell Medicine/NYP?
At this time, users that do not have a valid CWID or NYP username and password are unable to access SharePoint sites on the WCM network. This is due to complying with security requirements, including HIPAA, to prevent confidential data from being leaked.
ITS is currently working on integrating our SharePoint system with the Office 365 Cloud service, which should allow users outside of our network to access your documents securely. More news about this development will be distributed when it is available.
How are SharePoint sites typically set up?
Our SharePoint team recommends one SharePoint site per department. This site can be broken down further into specific teams or groups, allowing certain people in your department to have access to necessary files.
Note that every SharePoint site is customized to your specifications. When you request a SharePoint site, you will meet with a developer who will assist you with creating your site and addressing your department’s specific needs.