Metro-Ethernet is the use of ethernet technology in metropolitan area networks in order to provide superior bandwidth to office locations outside of primary campus facilities. This allows WCM remote branch offices or clinical practices to access internal resources and Internet at speeds comparable to the Internet on the main campus.
This service is typically recommended for remote sites that are lightly staffed (less than 10 workstations) with low to moderate data transfer needs.
- Support for ITS-tagged machines that meet the minimum requirements
- Depending on the site's distance from the main campus, limited onsite support
- Access and support for all ITS supported software, including up-to-date antivirus and firewall software and Microsoft Office
- Consultation with ITS to determine appropriate connection speeds and pricing for individual off-campus locations
- Network speeds between 1Mbs to 1Gbs
Cost and Fees
Current pricing for this service is available on our Rates page under the “Metro-Ethernet Connections” category.
Workstations must meet minimum hardware requirements in order to be connected to Metro-Ethernet. View our Supported Computers page for more information.