ITS provides full support for the operating system of ITS tagged computers. We offer server side management of your computer's operating system, which provides security updates, as well as encryption, which provides increased security. In the event of an operating system failure, ITS will diagnose and resolve it to get your computer to start up and operate normally again.
An operating system is the software that provides the interface between a user and computer. With ITS' supported list of operating systems, you will be able to access and receive support for WCM services.
WCM Standard Operating Systems
Standard operating systems are certified by ITS for compatibility with services and applications provided by WCM and NYP:
- Windows 10 for all new PC connections
- Windows 11 for new PC connections that meet the minimum system requirements: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-11-specifications. If your existing PC device meets minimum system requirements, you will see the Windows 11 upgrade package in the WCM App Store.
- macOS X 11 and higher for all new Mac connections (Big Sur, Monterey, Ventura)
- Coming Fall 2023: macOS 14 Sonoma
- Linux Red Hat 7 or newer, and Debian distributions 18.04 or newer
- Other acceptable distributions include Ubuntu, Mint, Elementary OS, and Pop!_OS. All Linux systems will need Bigfix and Crowdstike installed to comply with our security policies.
Non-Standard Operating Systems
ITS does not recommend using these systems to access WCM resources due to compatibility or security issues. However, we can provide technical support as a consultation service. Support for these systems will be reviewed on a case by case basis via consultation and may incur additional fees.
- "Classic" Mac OS, including OS 9 and lower
- macOS X 10.12 and lower
- Windows XP or older
- Windows 7 and 8
- Linux distributions Arch or openSUSE
- Remote and on-site hardware, application and network support for supported operating systems
- Access to available services on the WCM network; including, network connectivity, e-mail, chat messaging and a host of other services
Cost and Fees
- The cost of your operating system is determined by your computer vendor and is usually included in the cost of a new computer
- If you need assistance upgrading your operating system, the ITS Helpdesk can provide assistance on a consultation basis
You will need an ITS tagged desktop or laptop to receive operating system support. In addition, supported OSes must be on standard devices.