WCM Drupal is a customized version of the popular Drupal content management platform pre-configured for use on Weill Cornell Medicine websites. Combined with our hosting platform, WCM Drupal allows Web Communications, external vendors, and technically savvy departments to build beautiful web sites that meet institutional best practices.
Upon installation, it provides a website pre-configured with standard site features and WCM best practices, including some basic content types and a base theme with branding/styles.
- A responsive base theme and navigation that matches institutional brand standards
- Standardized content types for common WCM communication needs, including news, faculty profiles, and publications
- Integration with key WCM systems like Google Search and the WCM Events Calendar
- Drag and drop browser-based content management
- Integration of college-wide emergency notification information
- Single sign-on for authentication for site managers
WCM Drupal incorporates all security updates for Drupal core to ensure an up-to-date and well-maintained site. New releases are deployed to sites quarterly, or as needed based on security releases.