WCM Drupal is a customized version of the popular Drupal content management platform pre-configured for use on Weill Cornell Medicine websites. Combined with our hosting platform, WCM Drupal allows Web Communications, external vendors, and technically savvy departments to build beautiful web sites that meet institutional best practices.
Upon installation, it provides a website pre-configured with standard site features and WCM best practices, including some basic content types and a base theme with branding/styles.
- A responsive base theme that matches institutional brand standards
- Custom navigation
- Content types for pages, news articles, and biography pages
- Integration with key WCM systems like Google Search and the WCM Events Calendar
- Drag and drop content placement
- Integration of college-wide information during emergencies
- Single sign-on for authentication for site managers
- Faculty profile integration with POPS and VIVO
WCM Drupal incorporates all security updates for Drupal core to ensure an up-to-date and well-maintained site. New releases are deployed to sites quarterly, or as needed based on security releases.