ITS offers multiple ways to securely access internal WCM applications and tools when outside of our network. When you are off campus, you can use the following services to access restricted sites:
- Remote Apps (RDP): Remote Apps (RDP) is a web-based service which allows you to access select WMC applications by logging in with your CWID and password. Remote Apps (RDP) addresses browser compatibility issues by that may exist when accessing certain apps. Remote Apps is available at remoteapps.weill.cornell.edu . Mac users need to install Microsoft Remote Desktop before accessing Remote Apps (see guide below). No additional software is needed for Windows PCs to access Remote Apps.
The following applications are available on Remote Apps: WindStar Tax Navigator, Cadwell Easy III, truData, Intellisoft, DataCore, IVF for Windows, and the WCMC Emergency Management Tool (READY).
- myApps: myApps is a web-based service which allows you to access specific WCM applications by logging in with your CWID and password. No software needs to be installed on your device, making it an easy and secure way to access WCM resources anywhere you have an Internet connection. Additionally, myApps addresses any browser compatibility issues that may exist when accessing various WCM applications. myApps is available at myapps.weill.cornell.edu (note that Duo is required to verify your identity).
The following applications are available on myApps: Natus, BreezeSuite, AS-OBGYN, EPICTogether apps.
- Cisco AnyConnect Virtual Private Network (VPN): VPN offers a virtual connection to the WCM campus network. It requires software installation on your computer, which must meet campus security standards. Once you have activated a VPN session on your computer, you are able to connect to WCM resources as you normally would when on campus. Visit our AnyConnect guide to install this software. Note that Duo is required to verify your identity and you can only connect to VPN when you are off campus (i.e., not able to connect to our WCMC network).
- EZproxy: EZproxy is used exclusively by the Samuel J. Wood Library to allow eligible users access library resources, like databases. No configuration on your device is required to use EZproxy; just click on the link of the resource you need to access, and EZproxy will automatically prompt you to log in with your CWID and password. More details about EZproxy are available on the Library’s website.
- Available to WCM faculty, staff, and students who need to access WCM resources and sites when they are offsite
- Lists applications you have been given access to, such as EpicTogether.
Remote Apps (RDP)
- Available to WCM faculty, staff, and students who need WCM resources when they are offsite.
- Lists applications you have been given access to, such as DataCore.
- Available to WCM faculty, staff, and students.
- Able to use your device to access the following resources while connected:
- Intranet and HR websites
- Weill Business Gateway (WBG)
- Weill Research Gateway (WRG)
- Network Printing
- Jenzabar Services
- Any On-Campus Applications
- Departmental File shares
- File Transfer
- Remote Desktop Protocol (requires ITS authorization)
- Available to users with active academic appointments at WCM, such as faculty, postdocs, fellows, research associates, etc., WCM employees (including temporary), and residents and fellows for the East/WCM campus of NYP.
- Provides access to Library databases, such as PubMed, UptoDate, AccessMedicine, Scopus, and others, as well as e-Journals and e-Books
Cost and Fees
There are no additional costs for using these services.