ITS offers multiple ways to securely access internal WCM applications and tools when outside of our network. When you are off campus, you can use the following services to access restricted sites:
- myApps: myApps is a web-based service which allows you to access numerous WCM resources by just logging in with your CWID and password. No software needs to be installed on your device, making it an easy and secure way to access WCM resources anywhere you have an Internet connection. Additionally, myApps addresses any browser compatibility issues that may exist when accessing various WCM applications. myApps is available at myapps.weill.cornell.edu (note that Duo is required to verify your identity).
- Cisco AnyConnect Virtual Private Network (VPN): VPN offers the same access to WCM resources that myApps does, but it requires software installation on your computer. Once you have activated a VPN session on your computer, you are free to visit any internal WCM sites as you normally would when on campus. Additionally, you can also access a departmental file share or remote into a desktop. Visit our AnyConnect guide to install this service. Note that Duo is required to verify your identity and you can only connect to VPN when you are off campus (i.e., not able to connect to our WCMC network).
- EZproxy: EZproxy is used exclusively by the Samuel J. Wood Library to allow eligible users access library resources, like databases. No configuration on your device is required to use EZproxy; just click on the link of the resource you need to access, and EZproxy will automatically prompt you to log in with your CWID and password. More details about EZproxy are available on the Library’s website.
- Available to WCM faculty, staff, and students who need to access WCM resources and sites when they are offsite
- Lists applications you have been given access to, such as Epic Hyperspace, the Weill Business Gateway (WBG), and others
- Available to WCM faculty, staff, and students.
- Able to use your desktop or laptop to access all internal WCM sites as you would while on campus.
- Available to users with active academic appointments at WCM, such as faculty, postdocs, fellows, research associates, etc., WCM employees (including temporary), and residents and fellows for the East/WCM campus of NYP.
- Provides access to Library databases, such as PubMed, UptoDate, AccessMedicine, Scopus, and others, as well as e-Journals and e-Books
Cost and Fees
There are no additional costs for using these services.