Office 365 is Microsoft's cloud-based email and desktop application service. It combines the functions of Outlook, Word, Excel, and other Office products into a web-based, cross-platform system. WCM is currently using Office 365 for email, with other services to be launched in the near future.
All faculty, staff, and students are given a WCM email account that can be accessed in three ways: from the Microsoft Outlook application, a web browser with Webmail, and/or mobile device. Your email account is your CWID, followed by @med.cornell.edu.
- Integrated email, calendar, tasks and contacts.
- 100GB of space, with unlimited archive to be released in the near future.
- Drag and drop integration of Outlook and other Microsoft Office productivity applications.
- Full-featured web interface allowing you to access your email and calendar from anywhere.
- Ability to set scheduled delivery of messages to individuals or lists.
- Ability to recall or expire messages you send if they are unread by the recipient.
- Real-time updates for most mobile devices via Mobile Access and ActiveSync.
- OneLook Service: GE CB patient schedules viewable in your personal calendar.
Cost and Fees
All WCM faculty (including voluntary faculty), staff, and students receive a WCM email and calendar account at no additional cost. This also includes mobile access.
For best results, we recommend accessing your email account via Outlook with either Outlook 2016 or 2013 for Windows or Outlook 2016 or 2011 for Mac. You can also use Apple Mail.
If you do not have any of the aforementioned clients, you can access your account with Webmail anywhere you have an Internet connection.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is the maximum file size I can email as an attachment?
A: The maximum file size is 25 MB if you are sending the attachment via Outlook or Webmail. To send larger attachments up to 35GB, use the File Transfer Service.
Q: What is the "Clutter" folder in my email account?
A: Clutter is a feature designed to move low priority messages out of your inbox and into their own folder, saving you time when you scan for important messages. Once you activate it, Clutter looks at what you've done in the past to determine the messages you’re most likely to ignore. It then moves those messages to a folder in your inbox called Clutter items.
The Clutter items folder will be available regardless of how you access your account. Clutter and junk email are both filtered out before they reach your inbox. Junk email is evaluated first, and filtered based on the characteristics of the messages themselves, for example the subject or the server it was sent from. Next, Clutter analyzes the remaining messages destined for your inbox, and filters out the types of messages that you usually ignore or don't respond to, based on your past behavior.
Visit the Microsoft website for more information about using Clutter, including how to turn it on and off.
Q: How do I search for NYP contacts in Outlook/Webmail?
A: NYP did not migrate to Office 365 for its email system, so it is no longer possible to search for NYP contacts using the Global Address Book in Outlook or Webmail.
If you are a WCMC employee and you need to search for an NYP contact, you have two options:
- Search for the NYP contact with the WCMC Directory.
- Connect to the LDAP Directory. LDAP is an additional directory that will allow your mail client (Outlook for Mac, Outlook for Windows, Apple Mail) to search for NYP contacts. View the "Guide" section of the O365 Email & Calendar page for more information on how to connect to LDAP.