If you have a tagged mobile device, you should have an app installed on your device called MobileIron. MobileIron allows ITS to manage your phone, like making sure you have access to WCM-supported apps, and that your device meets our security requirements.
You may receive an error message from MobileIron indicating that your device is not functioning normally. If so, you can check out the error messages mean in this article, and what you can do to resolve the issue.
Click the error message you are receiving:
- Your device is out of contact with the server for X number of days
- Your device is out of policy for X number of days
- Required app not found
- Disallowed iOS version found
- Disallowed Android version found
Make sure you have the latest version of the MobileIron app installed on your device.
1. Open the MobileIron app.
2. If it immediately asks for a user name, please follow these instructions to re-enroll your device.
3. Tap on Settings and choose Check for Updates (iOS) or Force Device Check In (Android) and then Continue.
4. After a few minutes, this should force your device to check for the latest configurations/policies for your device and get it compliant once again.
5. If you still have issues, please contact ITS for assistance.
Please follow the same instructions for your device being out of contact with the server.
Please re-enroll your device in MobileIron. If you continue to experience issues, please contact ITS for assistance.
1. Check your device's iOS version to make sure it is version 9 or above. Go to Settings > General > About > Version to verify.
2. If iOS version is not compatible, update your iOS to the most current version. Please back up your data and update your operating system if you are running an older version. You can typically find this in your device’s settings; visit the SMARTDesk if you have any questions about updating your device.
1. Check the device Android version to make sure it is version 6 or above. Go to Settings > About Phone > Android version to verify.
2. If Android version is not compatible, update the Android OS on the device. Please back up your data and update your operating system (Settings > System updates > Check for system updates) if you are running an older version. You can typically find this in your device’s settings; visit the SMARTDesk if you have any questions about updating your device.