ITS offers web-based email accounts, powered by Microsoft Office, for all WCM alumni. This free service is permanent after you graduate from the institution, and is another way to remain affiliated with your alma mater.
Once you have registered for an account, your email address will be your CWID, followed by @alumni.weill.cornell.edu. You can log into your account at portal.office.com after your account has been set up.
- Integrated email, calendar, tasks and contacts
- 50GB of space
- Drag and drop integration of Outlook and other Microsoft Office productivity applications
- Full-featured web interface allowing you to access your email and calendar from anywhere
- Ability to set scheduled delivery of messages to individuals
- Ability to recall or expire messages you send if they are unread by the recipient
- Real-time updates for most mobile devices via Mobile Access and ActiveSync
Cost and Fees
All WCM alumni are eligible to receive this account at no cost.
Microsoft updates its website with the preferred browsers and operating systems needed for an optimal experience in accessing your email.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How do I obtain a WCM alumni email account?
A: If you are a student about to graduate, you will receive an email from the Alumni Affairs office with information about registering for an alumni account. Follow the instructions provided. You may also attempt to self-provision your alumni email account by going to https://identity.weill.cornell.edu/alumni.
ITS has plans to expand this service to alums that have already graduated from Weill Cornell Medicine. More information will be available in the near future.
Q: Will my alumni email account appear in the WCM Directory?
A: No, not unless you personally add it to your account.
Q: What happens to my student email account once I graduate?
A: Upon graduating, you will have 60 days to register for an alumni email account and save any emails from your student account. During this grace period, please inform your contacts of your new alumni email address. After 60 days, your student account will be closed and all of your emails will be lost.