Zoom video conferencing lets you hold online meetings with up to 300 of your colleagues:
- Share your desktop in real time and let others do the same
- Use Zoom on Windows or Mac and with all popular browsers
- Download the Zoom app on your iPhone or iPad, Android device to join meetings on the go
Meetings vs. Webinars
A meeting is a Zoom event where one or more people host and other attendees can participate. The host can share hosting responsibilities with other participants. All WCM Zoom accounts can create meetings with up to 300 participants.
A webinar is a specialized meeting meant more for lectures or town halls. While there is no minimum size for a webinar, many more people can attend (up to 500 under special circumstances). You can designate up to 25 video presenters. The rest of the participants can submit questions through the Q&A function, or participate in polls. Webinar meetings need to be specially requested (see below).
Larger Meeting and Webinar Licenses
All WCM faculty, staff, students, and affiliates will be provisioned with Zoom licenses that allow them to conduct meetings with up to 300 participants.
Three specialized license types are available for larger meetings and webinars:
- Larger Meeting - allows you to host a meeting with up to 500 participants.
- Webinar100 - allows you to host a webinar with up to 100 attendees.
- Webinar500 - allows you to host a webinar with up to 500 attendees.
Requests for Webinar100 and Webinar500 Licenses upgrades will be granted for individual events upon request. Once the event has ended, your license will return to its previous state.
License upgrades for Larger Meeting can be assigned upon request. ITS conducts an annual review of usage and reclaims Larger Meeting licenses that are not being used, returning those users to regular meeting capacity.
To request a Larger Meeting, Webinar100 or Webinar500 license, please see this myHelpdesk article.
- A Zoom account allows you to host meetings with up to 300 participants with no limit on meeting length.
- Audio conferencing available through "join by computer" and calling a toll (long-distance) number
- Video conferencing available
Cost and Fees
- Participate in or host a meeting at no additional cost
- Computer requirements:
- Installation of the Zoom client
- A stable internet connection with at least 2MBPS of available bandwidth.
- Microphone or headset, or a separate telephone to dial into meeting audio
- Webcam recommended
- Hosting meetings requires a Zoom account to be created by logging in with your WCM credentials.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What if I need to host a Zoom meeting for more than 300 people?
A: If you need to host a larger meeting or webinar, please see this myHelpdesk article for instructions.
Q: Is Zoom HIPAA compliant?
A: Yes, Zoom signs the HIPAA Business Associate Agreement (BAA) for healthcare customers like WCM, meaning that Zoom is responsible for keeping patient information secure and reporting security breaches involving personal healthcare information. Zoom protects and encrypts all audio, video, and screen sharing data. For more information on Zoom and HIPAA, click here.
To ensure that your Zoom meeting meets HIPAA security standards:
- Do not list your meeting publicly
- Require a meeting password:
- Log into your Zoom account and click “Schedule”
- When the “Schedule a Meeting” window appears, under Meeting Options select “Require meeting password” and input your desired password.
- Participants must input the password in order to join the meeting. The password can be included in the Meeting invitation.